Monday, December 7, 2009

Monkey Muffins


I know, I know...it's been far too long. But I have excellent news, internets. The semester is finally coming to an end. I have ONE final left and hopefully I will breeze through it. And just because I said that, it will be the hardest test I ever take in my life.

Anyway, that point of that is that I will finally have more time in my life for the things I really love. Like sleeping and reading non-school related books and cooking! And baking! And blogging!

I saw a recipe for Monkey Muffins on PW's blog and was intrigued. But I didn't see it until 6 at night and was not about to start pulling out flour and yeast and all its dough-related counterparts. No, instead I made Mr.Shoe come with me to the store to pick up some canned biscuits. Yes, I took the easy way out. Can you ever forgive me?

INGREDIENTS:
1 stick butter
1 can biscuits
Sugar
Cinnamon
1/2 c brown sugar

*I made these the night before so that in the morning all I had to do was make the sugary glaze and pop them in the oven.

The night before:
Spray the cups of a 12 cup muffin tin. Put a thin pat of butter (from your stick) into each cup.

In a small bowl, mix sugar (about 1/2c?) and cinnamon (1T?) together. I didn't measure; I was winging it. There's no wrong way to do this. Just put whatever tickles your fancy in it.

Cut each biscuit into four equal pieces.

Roll each biscuit piece in the sugar/cinnamon mixture until well coated. Put 3 pieces of sugared biscuit into each muffin cup.

Side Note: The biscuit roll I got only had 8 biscuits which is only 32 pieces so I only filled 11 of my cups. I just like for you to have all the information.

Cover the muffin tin with foil and put it in the fridge with the rest of your stick of butter (you'll use it in the morning).

The morning of:
Preheat oven to 350.

Take muffins out of fridge to get them somewhat back to room temperature. In a small saucepan over low-med heat melt the rest of your stick of butter (probably 6 or 7 T; depending on how thick your slivers were) and the brown sugar. Stir it until the two are combined and smell so good that you want to eat it.

Spoon the brown sugar/butter glaze over each cup.

Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.

VERDICT:
These are the perfect breakfast!!! No, really. Make them now, please.

As if Monkey Bread was not good enough, make them into little 2 bite temptations. These were just so perfect that I will just babble if I try to explain any further. I will say that by 1pm, there were none left. Don't know how that happened...

Go make them NOW!

SOURCE:
inspired by Pioneer Woman

2 comments:

  1. YAY for the end of finals and double YAY for mor time for cooking!! I'm going to have to try these things. Soon.

    ReplyDelete